If you think that reverse osmosis and alkaline water are the same, you need to think again. Most people think that alkalinity is associated with ionizer machines. In this article, we are going to talk about the difference between reverse osmosis and alkaline water. Read on to find out more.
Reverse Osmosis (Ro)
In this device, there is a semi-permeable membrane that removes molecules, particles, and ions. With this filtration technology, hydraulic pressure is used to separate molecules from water. Therefore, you need electricity to power these units.
1. Alkaline Water Filtration requires no Electricity As said earlier, reverse osmosis uses electricity for the treatment and the removal of particles. Unlike RO units, these systems cost more. The good thing is that they are a viable solution. Generally, it is easy to set up countertop filters. On the other hand, you need to have the technical know-how to install a reverse osmosis system.
2. RO Removes all types of Minerals RO units can totally remove total dissolved solids. But the problem is that they also remove a lot of healthy minerals. For regular consumption, experts don't recommend demineralized water. If you continue to drink this type, you will have to suffer from health issues. So, you need to remineralize filtered water by adding another system into the process. By contrast, an alkaline filter adds to the mineral content of your tap water. Apart from this, these systems can also add electrolytes for even better hydration capacity.
3. RO Wastes Tons of water The RO process wastes a lot of water. It can waste up to 80% of it. In other words, you will end up wasting 8 liters of liquid in exchange for 2 liters of filtered water. Although you can also find some units that don't waste much, know that they cost a lot of money. On the other hand, you can use a countertop filter to produce alkaline water. This process will add healthy minerals while generating no wastewater at all.
4. An Alkaline Filter is a Small Unit RO units cover a lot of space as they are large units. On the other hand, an alkaline filter does not take as much space. Besides, they are less expensive to purchase and maintain.
5. RO produces Acidic Water If you want to improve the pH level of your tap water, you can use an alkaline machine. The process of RO removes all of the minerals which is why drinking this type of water is not recommended.
If you want to remineralize reverse osmosis water and enhance the pH level, we suggest that you try an ionizer machine. Again this approach can cost you a lot of money. In short, these five are the primary differences between alkaline water and reverse osmosis water.
An alkaline reverse osmosis water purifier can help you purify your tap water. You can buy these units at https://www.olansichina.com/commercial-400gpd-alkaline-water-machine-water-purifier-reverse-osmosis-filter-drinking-water-purifier-machine.html.